Makes 12 Brownies
- 45g Dark Chocolate (80%) plus a bit extra for decoration
- 95g Organic Coconut Oil
- 10g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 10g Cocoa Powder
- 65g Coconut Flour
- 2g Baking Powder
- 70g Chocolate Whey Protein
- 215g Honey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 45g Chopped Almonds
- 40g Chopped Cashews
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius. Then grease a 20cm square tin and line with baking/parchment paper. Make sure you have enough paper/parchment overlapping the edges so you can pull out easily.
- Then melt the chocolate, coconut oil and peanut butter either in the microwave or over a bane-marie. Do this slowly and stir every few seconds for a smooth consistency and prevent burning. Leave to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder and chocolate whey protein in a bowl and whisk gently until all of the lumps have been removed (or as good as). Then mix in the honey, vanilla extract and the chocolate mixture until all mixed in thoroughly. Then add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each one goes in to the bowl. Finally add the nuts, and fold in well. The mixture will become very thick.
- Scrape the batter into the tin, and spread evenly. Place into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. To check if cooked, place a knife in the centre of the tin, and if it comes out with moist crumbs on it, thats good. If it comes out and there is still batter on the knife, it will need longer. The brownie needs to be quite firm.
- When cooked, leave the brownies to cool in the tin, then lit out using the parchment paper. Peel this away and slice into 12 even squares. Then dust with a bit of cocoa powder and maybe drizzle a bit of melted chocolate over the top.