Spiced Roasted Root Vegetables with Feta & Pomegranate
- 12 Butternut Squash (Peeled & Cubed)
- 2 Parsnips (Peeled & Sliced lengthways)
- 2 Carrots (Peeled & Sliced lengthways)
- 150g Peeled Sweet Potato (Cubed)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 150g Quinoa
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 60g Bag of Spinach
- 30g Feta Cheese
- Large Handful of Pomegranate Seeds
- 20g Pumpkin Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon oil Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne
Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius
Mix all of the spices in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
Then, grab a roasting dish. Add the sliced and cubed root vegetables. Sprinkle the spice mix over the top of the vegetables, followed by drizzling over the olive oil. Toss everything evenly so the veg is completely covered in the spice mix. Add the roasting dish to the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes. Toss the vegetables after around 25 minutes.
Now, whilst the vegetables are cooking, its time to cook the quinoa.
Bring a pan of water to the boil, then add the quinoa to the water. Allow to cook for around 15 minutes. Once cooked, (the quinoa should have a bit of bit to it), drain well, the squeeze over the lemon juiced season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Plate up the quinoa, topped with the root vegetables and sprinkle over the spinach and feta. Finish with a sprinkle ion pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds. This adds a bit of flavour and crunch to the dish.