Dark Chocolate & Chilli Almond Bark
Ingredients for 20 pieces
- 1 cup raw almonds
- Spray avocado or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or more/less to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 380g dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F.
- Add almonds to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil, then add the chili seasoning and sea salt. Rub the almonds in the seasoning and evenly spread them out on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until lightly toasted, not burned. Allow them to slightly cool (to harden), then easily break them into pieces in the baking tray using a food hammer or the bottom of a heavy skillet. Save a handful for the topping.
- Melt chocolate in a microwavable safe bowl, then pour over the almonds in the tray. As much as possible, try to evenly distribute the chocolate in the tray.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top followed by another pinch of sea salt.
- Place the baking tray in the FREEZER for 1 hour (or until frozen SOLID).
- Once the chocolate is frozen solid, break into pieces. It should look like bark. Store the pieces in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer!