No Pastry Quiche Lorraine
Cooking Time 35 mins
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 12 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 250g spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g fat free natural cottage cheese
- 250 g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 40 g reduced fat Cheddar , grated
- Chopped parsley , to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190 C/Fan 170 C/Gas 5
Spray a non-stick frying pan with the spray and place on a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry for 2
mins. Add the spinach and garlic, season lightly, stir fry for about 5 mins .spoon into a 22cm flan dish
and spread evenly.
Mix the eggs and cottage cheese in a bowl and spoon the mixture over the bacon and spinach
Level the top and push the cherry tomato halves , cut side up and scatter the cheese over the top. Bake in
the oven for 15-20 mins or until just set.
Scatter over the parsley to serve.
Kcal 180 (per serving)