03 Jul Tomato & Thyme Atlantic Cod
Prep: 5 Mins
Cook: 15 Mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp light soft brown sugar
- few sprigs thyme ,leaves stripped
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cod fillets, or another white flaky fish, such as pollock
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add 1 chopped onion, then fry for 5-8 mins until lightly
2. Stir in a 400g can chopped tomatoes, 1 heaped tsp light soft brown sugar, the leaves from a
few sprigs of thyme and 1 tbsp soy sauce, then bring to the boil.
3. Simmer 5 mins, then slip 4 cod fillets into the sauce.
4. Cover and gently cook for 8-10 mins until the cod flakes easily. Serve with baked or steamed
Calories 172kcal per serving