10 Tips for Enjoyable Fat Loss
10 Tips to be able to enjoy your weekends, without compromising how you look and feel…
1. Aim to hit 10,000 steps on average per day. Instead of breaking it down to 10K, aim for 70K for the week to allow yourself some wiggle room.
2. Resistance train at least 3 times per week. (I lift 4 times)
3. When you exercise, train with intensity and purpose.
4. Eat foods that contain no extra added sugar for at least 90% of your calories throughout the week.
5. Drink 3-4 litres of water per day.
6. Reduce snacking on processed foods. If you struggle to pronounce the word on the back of a food packet, then it’s more than likely processed.
7. Don’t lie to yourself about how much you’re actually eating.
8. Plan your food. And manage it well. Think of the quality of calories, not just the quantity.
9. Following on from 8, you can manipulate your calories across the week to allow a buffer at the weekend (and not starving yourself from monday to thursday)
10. The most important tip: Be Consistent. Be consistent with your training, movement and respect your health and body all year round. If you’re constantly moving from ‘on it’, to ‘off it’, you will never be able to eat without feeling ‘guilty’ or stressing about food.
You can’t out train eating an excessive amount of calories or low quality foods, BUT, if you follow the above tips, you will be able to enjoy your favourite foods, and be able to drop body fat in a smooth, sustainable way.
The idea is that once you get into a better state of health, fitness and are in good physical condition, then it’s much easier to STAY in that place.
Quick fixes never last. From all my years of being a coach that’s one of the biggest lessons I have learned. “Renting a body” will never last, and you will put body fat back on as you return to your previous normal way of life.
That approach plays havoc with your weight, physique, energy levels and mentality.
Once you get there in a sustainable way, you can stay there with ease.